Sole Authored Book
Dangerous Sex, Invisible Labor: Sex Work and the Law in India
Princeton University Press (simultaneous release in paperback and hardback August 2011; co-published by Oxford University Press, India November 2011)
Winner of the SLSA-Hart Book Prize for Early Career Academics
- European Journal on Criminal Policy and Research, September 2012.
- British Journal of Criminology, July 2012.
- Political and Legal Anthropology, May 2012.
- Social and Legal Studies, June 2014.
- Anthropology Review Database
- Berkeley Journal of Gender, Law and Justice, September 2012.
- Harvard Journal of Law & Gender, 2012.
- Osgoode Hall Law Journal, 2012-2013.
- NYU Journal of International Law and Politics, Fall 2012.
- Biblio, March-April 2011.
- Contributions to Indian Sociology, February 2013.
- South Asian History and Culture, 2013.
- Jindal Global Law Review, 2013.
Reviews in the Press and Blogs
- Nine books you must read to understand women’s issues in India by Shreya Ila Anasuya.
- Rights At Work by Chaitanya Lakkimsetti, July 2012.
- The Times Higher Education Supplement, December 2011.
- Foreword Reviews, August 2011
- The Book Review, September 2012.
- Unseen People, by Arnab Bhattacharya, in The Telegraph, Indian newspaper, February 2012.
- BBC 4 Radio Show Thinking Allowed, April 2012.
- The Page 99 test, 2011.
Governance Feminism: An Introduction
(with Janet Halley, Hila Shamir and Rachel Rebouché) University of Minnesota Press. Individual chapter titled Governance Feminism in the Post Colony: The Case of India’s Rape Law Reforms (March 2018)
- Law & Society Review, September 2018
- Choice, August 2018